Monday, November 06, 2006

Week of 29th to Nov 5th: This week kept me quite occupied. Nolita (sukanta's co-worker) was away so I got to use her machine for the whole week. She's back on the 6th so lets see how it goes.

Ok... so Monday and Tuesday I spent away my time catching up on chats and email... and orkut and not to forget Harry Potter :) Been reading the books all over again :) I seem to discver new stuff that I somehow never endedp reading earlier. Unless I find a job soon I might as well get membership at the Rivonia library.

Wednesday I stayed home, was to go for my driving class but did not. It also rained quite a bit on that day. Was a good thing.. or maybe bad thing that I did not go. Might have gotten the hang of drivin in the rain too :) Oh I made chicken pulav... it came out the best of all the times I tried here but due to the lack of a pressure cooker I had to make it in a regular steel bowl and the bottom was burnt quite bad. Luckily, my pati salvaged the top part and once the burnt smell was out of the window.. :) it tasted quite good :)

Thursday and Friday I went to the office. Friday, around 2.3pm we walked down to Rvonia Square from the office. It was a 10-15min walk. Pretty cool. Grabbed some lunch...at KFC and spent time walking around the stores there. They had woolworths, PicknPay, HealtPharma...clicks and other stores.
The guys came back quite late and picked us up from there. Came home, freshened up and went to Village Walk for a movie. Some diaster movie about some race car stuff. Phew! had dinner at an Indian resturant there - New Delhi it is called. The food was not really good. The resturant Raj, at Rivonia junction, had too much garlic and this place had no spice. They put black lentils in the Biryani :) It looks like setting up an Indian resturant here would be good business.

Saturday, the guys came over home for lunch and then we went to Makro to pick up a few things. I picked up a pair of slippers and now regret it :) they hurt and I really cant walk very well on them :) We then went to the airport and picked up our tickets to Cape Town (goin in December). Oh yea.. the JNB airport is now called "O Tambo airport" (Oliver Tambo) after the Vice President :)
Then we wanted to go to the OttoAfrica show. We drove towards it - N1 South. Nice long drive. :)Lost the way and went ahead :) Then the car broke down :) we had to call for a Taxi and the tow truck :) First time experience :) Was a lil scary but interesting too. We got back home from there (din get to see the show...sad!).

Sunday, we went to our drivin class.. missed mentioning this before.. the drive was awesome... very beautiful scenary. Saw a couple of horses grazing away on what seemed to be a horse farm.. :) Was nice. Saw great cars too. Our instructor is going to take me to drive on the regular streets this wednesday..and also on the highway.. All the best to the rest of the drivers around :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home